Water damage can be deceptive – water penetrates into structural cavities of your property creating trapped pockets of saturation. The detection of water in these areas can often only be discovered with sophisticated moisture detection meters or thermal imaging cameras. If left unchecked, moisture in these areas will damage your property and encourage the growth of mold and other microbial organisms. Greater damage will surface when materials delaminate, shrink, split and further deteriorate to the point where costly repairs are required.
At Griffin Restoration, our staff have the expertise to:
- Assess the source of your moisture issue
- Dry your property while minimizing any removal of fixtures and finishes
- Treat mold and any other microbial growth
- Restore your property to pre-loss condition
Emergency mitigation and repair of your property can be a stressful process. While every job is different, the process for our involvement follows the following steps:
- Your name
- Property address
- Phone number
- Source of water
- Insurance information
Once we have this information, we will send over a water technician as soon as possible to address your moisture issue.
- Call your insurance broker to start a claim
- Call a restoration contractor to assess the damage and to start drying
- Locate the water source and turn it off, if possible
- Move any contents out of the affected area or elevate them above the wet area
- Turn up the heat, set up fans, and slightly open windows to facilitate drying
- Take photos of damage for personal records
- Remove delicate items, such as paintings, from the affected areas
- Move contents from the affected area – depending on available space, contents may need to be stored off-site
- Assess the source of moisture and determine required repairs
- Extract any standing water
- Assess the condition of wet building materials and remove them if necessary
- Apply anti-microbial agents to the affected areas
- Set up drying equipment
Technicians will be actively monitoring the moisture levels in affected surfaces to make sure that your structure is drying correctly. Once drying is complete, the repair process can begin after receiving approval of our repair estimate.
Once all estimates has been approved, a tentative work schedule can be created. Our crews will work diligently to complete work to your property as quickly as possible with minimal disruption.